In the Abrum Universe, Planet Earth, Tokya (this universe’s Tokyo, Japan),
Walking down a quiet street, Megra was looking at
pictures of her and Dante on her phone. Suddenly, she hears someone crying.
“Help,” she heard.
“Seriously… One day,” Megra thought before
disappearing.
In a park not far away,
A young teenage girl was sitting on a bench with her
head in her knees, sulking. “What am I going to do? My mother is in the
hospital, and my father is too occupied with his…
“Well, if it isn’t Yoko-san, strange place to be
seeing you. Especially, during school hours. Is Miss Goody-to-shoes starting her
rebellious phase?” A young yakuza said, leaning and towering over her.
“Please… just leave m…
“What? What did you say? I’m afraid I didn’t quite
catch that.” He said giving off an intimidating aura. Behind him, two of his
subordinates were smirking with a malicious.
“Help,” Yoko thought, too afraid to yell for help.
“I believe she told you she’s not interested.” Megra
said, appearing behind Yoko. “Seriously… why guys like you act the same way in
every universe?” she thought, annoyed by the situation.
“What?! Who are you, you dumb bit… Megra plucks the
young yakuza’s head, sending him through the air and onto the ground.
“What’s your proble…
“I suggest you two get your friend and leave while
I’m feeling kind.” Megra said, radiating a powerful aura.
Afraid, his friends rushed and got him up… running
away.
“Uh… tha… thank you for your help.” Yoko said,
nervously.
Megra looked at Yoko and noticed her red, teary eyes.
She sighed and sat next to Yoko. “Alright, what’s the guy’s name?” she asked.
“What?” Yoko asked, confused.
“The guy who broke your heart. Why else would you be sitting in the park and
crying this much?”
“I’m not crying over a boy. I’m crying because my
fa… Yoko, suddenly, looked down upset. “Why would I…
“Alright, get up.
Let’s go.” Megra said, standing up.
“What?”
“Let’s go. You can stay with me. You’re homeless,
right. Your father abandoned you. I know
how that feels. So, I’m going to take you in. Like an adopted sister.” Megra
explained, leaving Yoko speechless.
Three years later, the Mall,
Riding down an escalator, Yoko and Megra were
talking to each other while looking at Megra’s phone.
“Awe, she’s so adorable.” Yoko said.”
“Yep, and destructive like her mother.” Megra said,
jokingly.
“Really?” Yoko asked, immediately thinking of her
image of Avery.
“Yea, you only saw Avery when she’s relaxed. Back in
our universe, she and Dante are probably the busiest people in the universe,”
Megra said as she showed a picture of Avery holding a plane.
“Uh, that’s… wait… Relaxed?” Yoko said, shocked,
thinking of the same image fighting the large pack of Tetra-Wolves alone. Suddenly,
Yuko’s phone rang. Looking at her phone, she groaned annoyedly.
“Is it a guild request from the board?” Megra asked.
“No, it’s my father. Ever since he’d found me at the
guild last month, he’s been blowing up my phone. And, from multiple numbers, so
I can’t just block him.”
“Wow, talk about persistent. What did he want?”
Megra asked as they reached the first floor.
“You know… he wants to reconcile with me. Introduce
me to my stepmother and stepsiblings. And… ‘try to be my father again.’ The
usual excuses and promises.”
“Why not just go and tell him off?” Megra said.
“Because I don’t want to see him at all? Let him waste
his time. Let him feel how I felt when he abandoned me and my mother.” Yoko
said, angrily.
“Speaking of, how is she doing now? Well, I hope?”
Megra said.
“Oh, yes. She’s actually doing better than ever. She
started being a Dungeon Master again. She says she wants to fight along side her
daughters.” Yoko said.
“Good to hear that.” Megra said, smiling.
Suddenly, Yoko’s and Megra’s phone rings
simultaneously. On it… was an emergency summons from the guild.
At the Guild’s Headquarters, the Lobby,
Filled with Dungeon Masters, the guild was full of
questions and worries about the emergency summons. And, unfortunately, the
guild workers couldn’t explain or answer any questions until the board was
finished with their meeting.
Walking in, Megra and Yoko went straight for the
receptionist’s desk.
“Yoko-san! Megra-san! I’m so glad you’re here.
Please follow me. The Board wants to talk to the two of you before they give their
explanation to everyone.” The receptionist said.
“Alright… Are we the only Z- Ranks you’d called
here? Or did you…
“We sent the emergency summons to every Dungeon
Master in the world. So, I’m assuming that they’ll be another one or two
Z-ranks.” The receptionist answered as she stepped from behind the counter.
“Hey! What about us? Aren’t you going to explain to
us why we got this emergency summons message? Or better yet, how about you
explain why these two are getting special treatment? Even though, they’re
clearly the weakest excuses for Dungeon Masters I’ve ever seen.” A man said,
with his party behind him.
“Who’s this guy?” Megra and Yoko asks, simultaneously.
“Mark Dale, The Unstoppable Force. An American SSS
Rank Dungeon Master who is one of the candidates for Z Rank.”
“Seriously? This guy?” Megra thought, bluntly,
looking at him disappointedly. “The guy can’t even tell we’re concealing our
energies because of the density of it.” She continued as she frowned even more.
“Oh no, I know that look on Megra’s face. She’s
aggravated. I need to calm her down and now.” Yoko thought. “Hey, Megra. How
about we get going? Don’t want the Board to wait for us. We’re probably going
to be needed on the front lines like the last time.” Yoko said, nervously.
“Fine, let’s get this over with. Please lead the
way, Kayori.” Megra said, upsettably.
“Uh, yes. Right this way,” Kayori responded,
nervously.
Walking away from Mark, they followed the receptionist
down a hall.
“Dude, are you okay?” One of his party members
asked, concerned for him.
“Maria, just leave him be. His pride is just a
little hurt because he would be the first Z-Rank in American history. And those
two just talk down to him like he was a child.” Another member of his party said.
“That’s enough you two. Let’s just go, find a seat,
and wait like everyone else.”
Meanwhile, walking into the guild’s board meeting
room, the receptionist stopped at the door and let Megra and Yoko in the room.
And… immediately, from their high points, the board members glared at the two
of them.
“What took you two so long? Why haven’t you two been
answering your phone?” they all yelled simultaneously.
“Wow, that seemed practiced.” Megra thought, looking
up at the board. “We were busy enjoying
our day off. Remember… we’re people… not tools.” Megra said, coldly and
radiating the same aura that scared A- Rank monsters to run away. So, the board
members were definitely afraid.
“Well, still… you should’ve answered. You’ll never know
when something like this might happened.” One of the board members said,
regaining her composure.
“What’s the problem?” Yoko asked.
“An SSS Rank monster is on its way up from the
Dungeon. We predicted that it would break through the Dungeon’s Magic Seal,
releasing a horde of monster onto the city. We want to send you and the other
Z- Ranks to deal with the monster.”
“Well, unfortunately, Dante, Kira, and Avery aren’t
available now. Family Emergency. Do you know if Amy or Zach are on their way?” Megra
said.
“No… apparently, they’re too deep in another dungeon,
and won’t be out on time. But we do have a party of SSS rank Dungeon Masters.
They’re here from America.”
“No,” Megra and Yoko thought.