In Avery’s Dimension, Natchez, Mississippi, Talia’s lakeside house,
Talia
wakes up, more relaxed than usual.
“After renouncing her father’s
company… Black Inc… Talia Black has not been seen in the public eye in weeks.
Especially after the wild accusations that she stole millions of dollars of
technology and funds from the company’s secure Emergency Fund. An account that
helps the millions of employees that depend on it through hard times such as
the recent worldwide ice age.” A news reporter said, wearing a snow jacket, on
the television.
“Seriously, they’re
still blaming me for there incompetence.” Talia thinks as she walks into the
kitchen.
“Good morning, Talia.” Mary
said, feeding Jr.
“Good morning, Mom.”
Talia replied.
“What?” Mary said, shocked.
“I said ‘Good morning,
Mom.’ Is there a problem?” Talia said.
“No… not at all. I was
just shocked that you called me ‘Mom’. You usually just call me by my name.”
“Well, despite the
circumstances, you did love my father and gave birth to my baby brother. So, I
should at least show you some kind of acceptance and respect as my stepmother.”
Talia explained, fixing her a cup of coffee.
“Wow, I never expected
that from you.” Mary thought.
“So, what brings you
here to my lovely, quiet home?” Talia asked.
“Well, one, I wanted to
see you… and how you were doing. Only to find that the planet is in an ice age
and you… renouncing your father’s business.”
“Crazy right. Those Mystics
and other sorcerers have their work cut out for them. The people responsible
for this are extremely powerful monsters.” Talia said.
“Talia, you know that’s
not what I want to talk about. Why did you renounce your family business?”
“Why? Because I had
enough of the board every day… nagging… and complaining… and manipulating… just to get
there 18-year-old CEO out of their position.”
“Okay, makes sense. The
board were acting the same way with your father” Mary said.
“Speaking of, I had the
opportunity to meet a younger version of dad.”
“Oh no,” Mary thought.
“Did you read my mind?”
Talia said.
“Didn’t need to… I know
how your father was when he was younger. He was…
“Difficult… Annoying…
Touchy.” Talia said.
“He didn’t,” Mary said,
shocked.
Talia nodded, causing
Mary to sigh with disappointment. “Not just me. But anyways… did you really
think I wouldn’t notice those two outside?” Talia said, pointing at the door.